Best Electric Toothbrush Reviews
Electric toothbrushes with sonic technology have drastically changed the way we brush our teeth every day and the quality of oral health care everyone can have. Knowing what type of oral health care help you need help with, whether it is just general cleaning, plaque removal or issues with gum disease is a great way to narrow down the type of electric toothbrush that will work for you.
In many of the units and brands that are on the market, sonic technology in electric toothbrush models has advanced enough so that every last detail regarding tooth brushing has been seen to.
Some features may seem more or less useful to different users, so really take the time to comparison shop between the many units that each brand offers. If there is a feature that you might not be interested in using now, or that you won’t use personally, there may be a family member that can benefit from certain features.
It is also important to read reviews and personal experiences with each unit because there may be some issues, sound, types of pulsation and size, with each unit that will change your decision to purchase a specific model.
Don’t forget, these are adult toothbrushes and not meant for babies. If you are looking for the best baby toothbrushes, check this article out.
Oral-B Professional Precision 5000 Electric Toothbrush Review
Oral-B electric toothbrushes lead the way in units sold and satisfied customers, so it is no surprise that the Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean Floss Action Precision 5000 Electric Toothbrush is the number one recommended toothbrush in the world. And it is our top number one pick as well. You just can’t go wrong with Oral B products. They’re an amazing company!
Unique because of the brush head action, the Oral-B Precision 5000 doesn’t just vibrate, but pulsing action breaks up plaque and then oscillates to sweep away. With the superior technology that all Oral-B brushes have, you can be assured of an exceptionally clean mouth.
The Oral-B Precision 5000 Electric Toothbrush features a wireless docking station to keep counters clean. The Wireless SmartGuideA provides feedback to the toothbrush while in use to record preferences between brushes. People that love technology will love all the advances in Sonic technology that Oral-B provides to users. Pair it with the best natural toothpaste and you have everything you need to keep your mouth clean and bacteria free.
- The advanced Sonic Technology allows for different cleaning modes to accommodate sensitive teeth, whitening and thorough cleaning.
- Up to 40,000 pulsation and 8,000 oscillations per minute.
- SmartGuide technology remembers preferences of brusher between uses.
- Wireless charging dock keeps counter clear and clutter free, with a sleek and clean design.
- Wide variety of toothbrush heads to allow for specialized cleaning and maximum comfort.
- Indicator bristles let you know when your toothbrush head needs replacing.
- Brush head contains pressure sensor that indicates when brushing teeth and gums too hard and turns off when pressure maintained.
- Brushheads mimic dentist tools to provide tooth by tooth cleaning and flossing.
Pros: The Oral-B 5000 is easy to use, easier to clean and all of the different brush heads are very well constructed for their individual uses. The visual guidance from the Smart Guide unit allows you to benefit from the full potential of each tooth cleaning.
There is a battery charger right on the toothbrush to take away any guessing about the amount of charge left. The entire unit is very transportable with the addition of a travel charger and wireless guide that works on the go, and travel case for the entire family.
Cons: The Oral-B 5000 unit is slightly heavier and louder than other units. The Oral-B brush heads are larger and can feel too big in smaller mouths.
Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Review
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is recognized as one of the leading brushes in the Philips Sonicare line. With three brush speeds, UV sanitizer capabilities and a strong battery this sonic toothbrush is a great way to provide yourself and family members with quality oral care while improving teeth and gums at the same time.
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush has been shown to remove more plaque than manual brushing is capable of, and the customizable brush settings gives everyone what they need from the brush and for their teeth. Users know their teeth are getting cleaned with the 31,000 brush movements per minute that brush as gently as the most sensitive set of gums requires.
Easy to use features like the 2 minute timer, green light battery indicator and UV sanitizer take all the guess work out of brushing.
- Three brushing modes and two cleaning routines for a customized experience.
- 31,000 brush movements per minute for a gentle clean.
- UV Sanitizer kills bacteria and viruses on brush head between use.
- Battery holds charge for 3 weeks with one 24 hour charge.
- Illuminated display indicates battery charge and brushing mode selected.
- Two brush heads included with each electric toothbrush.
- Contoured brush heads for use along the gum line where disease causing plaque collects.
- Two brushing timers to ensure a thorough two minute cleaning and a quadpacer to assist in equal brushing of each quadrant of the mouth.
Pros: The Philips Sonicare RS930 electric toothbrush is able to remove a considerable amount of plaque buildup from teeth and then helps maintain great oral health. Perks like the travel charger, case and caps give you a second product for free.
The UV brush head sanitizer is really easy to use and there are color coded rings so that everyone in the family can share. When using the brush there is very little vibrating action.
Cons: Not being able to save your preferred brushing mode between uses can be annoying. The UV sanitizer case can be cumbersome and hard for some to set the large brush into.
Philips Sonicare Elite e7300 Power Toothbrush Review
The Philips Sonicare Elite e7300 Power Toothbrush is part of the newest line of Philips Sonicare toothbrushes that are designed to be aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically advanced. The new tapered designs make the brushes easier to hold and handle, and also allow for the greatest amount of movement along teeth and around the mouth.
The unique and improved brushing movement in the Elite e7300 ensures the best clean in even the hardest to reach places. High velocity brushing keeps the entire movement of the brush extremely fluid to ensure your comfort. Works with home made toothpaste as well as commercial.
- Next generation Sonicare technology based on high velocity dental equipment for the best cleaning.
- Smart timer with automatic shut off ensures full two minute brushing time.
- Newly designed brush heads with angled neck and tapered handle are easier to handle.
- Easy start activation for first 12 to 14 days to allow gums to grow accustomed to unique brushing system.
- Dual speed control allows for intense of light cleaning in different areas of your mouth as needed.
- Recharge gauge to indicate when the toothbrush is in need of battery power.
- Unique pulsing greatly reduces the number of bacteria colonies and the presence of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Pros: The design and aesthetic of the new Elite toothbrush is much more improved over older models, with angles that make it easy to reach the back of your mouth and hold. The angling and design allow for the brush to flex horizontally and vertically for easy movement through your mouth.
The unique brushing modes are very gentle, but still aggressive enough to break up plaque, making brushing a pleasant experience that is less obtrusive. With the programmable quadpacer in the Elite e7300 you can add an extra amount of time to your regular brushing when it is needed.
Cons: The small brush head makes it hard to brush your tongue when the toothbrush is on. Because of the new design, bacteria can and will accumulate in between the brush heads and handle well so this needs to be kept very clean and dry. You can try Crest Whitestrips if you need a tooth whitening option.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Review
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is the first and longest lasting in the Sonicare line of electric toothbrushes. No matter how many new models or improvements are made in the line, the 4100 continues to be valued by dentists and users alike because of the incredible clean and ease of use it offers.
If you are interested in the most basic, but thoroughly satisfactory clean, then this might be the electric toothbrush for you. Read on to find out if the product features listed provide you with everything you are looking for to maintain the best oral care possible.
- Ultra high speed brushing motion for the best cleaning
- Two minute Smart Timer for a perfectly timed brushing
- Standard sized brush heads
- Charging dock for rechargeable batteries in toothbrush
- Easy Start system increases pulsing gradually over 12 days to allow new users to acclimate to electric brushing
- 14 day battery charge
- Quality construction for long lasting performance
Pros: This electric toothbrush provides users with a dentist visit like cleaning every day, reducing the need for intense cleanings at the office. Because the battery holds a charge for about 12 to 14 days it is very easy to take the Philips Advance 4100 on long trips without it dying or having to transport a charger.
The reduced vibration movements guarantee that there is less damage to the enamel on teeth but enough pulsation to fully break up plaque and tartar buildup. In order to accommodate as many types as possible, the Philips Advance 4100 comes with extra soft bristles so that the user can apply as much or as little brushing pressure as desired.
This is not meant to clean your Invisalign braces!
Cons: The battery units used in the Philips Sonicare hold their charge for about 12 days, but do not last very long, especially when kept on the charger. The unit will automatically turn itself off after two minutes has passed, whether you have finished brushing or not.
And there you have it, 5 of the best electronic toothbrush reviews to choose from. If we haven’t written about it, chances are you don’t want to buy it.